Friday, April 29, 2011

Recital 2011

So the much-anticipated recital has come and gone.  It was indeed what one would call a "different" experience. I thought that playing in master class was hard. . . and that's just playing for as many as 10 people that I see almost every day!  But those that came to my recital were not as intimidating to play for as I had imagined.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a video up in the near future.  If not, well, sorry.  Deal with it.

Here is what the program looked like:

Cello Sonata no. 3 in A minor (Antonio Vivaldi)
Concertino for Double Bass (John Boda)
Prelude and Fugue for Solo Double Bass (Miloslav Gajdos)
Chant du Menestrel (Minstrel's Song) (Alexander Glazunov)
Concerto in A major for String Bass and Piano (Domenico Dragonetti)

Overall, I think that the music itself was good.  The performance was good.  The quality of performance could have been better, but nothing is perfect.  It was a good experience and hopefully it will help me in future performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment