Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vlad

Let me introduce you to my friend Vlad.

I made Vlad while standing at the Periodicals desk in the library.  On Thursday afternoons, it usually gets pretty quiet down there, so I just wait for people to come see me if they have a question.  After I drew this character, I just knew that I had to call him "Vlad".  That's just what he looked like to me.  And in order to keep the alliteration rolling, I came up with several descriptive words for him, all starting with the letter "V".  His name reads: "Vlad, the vicious, V-neck-wearing, veracious, verbile venator".  So, without further ado, allow me to present Vlad:





<----- (Vlad)






Now, most of you might think that Vlad is not a very good-looking person.  However, he is good at dodgeball (7-time All-Star of Eastern Europe), likes to ice fish with his bare hands, and is #3 in the world hair-growing rankings.  Anyone who knew his personality would be crazy about him!

That would be anyone EXCEPT for the department assistant, Kim.  Notwithstanding Vlad's outstanding credentials, she did not take kindly to finding out that she was betrothed to him.  It was up to my coworker, Andrea, to remove Vlad from his prominent position on the Periodicals desk.  When I showed up to work the next day, I was disappointed to not see Vlad.

So, with the passing of my dear friend, I would like to leave him with this profound homage:

"Dear Vlad.  I like you.  I might be the only one.  I think you're nice."

Everyone, a moment of silence for Vlad.

..............

That's enough.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I was the one who had to dismantle Vlad, but I was afraid if I disobeyed, I would be dismantled =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your homage was so touching...(sniff)

    ReplyDelete