Friday, February 25, 2011

BYU Philharmonic Orchestra's "Evening of Concertos"

So this coming Wednesday is the BYU Philharmonic Orchestra's Evening of Concertos.  Every year, there is a solo competition involving instrumentalists and vocalists from the School of Music, the winners of which perform with the Philharmonic Orchestra.  This year's winners and performers are:


Josh Coffey - Artunian Trumpet Concerto in A-flat Major
Gina Connely - Nystroem Viola Concerto
Liberty Pierce - Gounod, Jewel Song from Faust
Abigail Tippetts - Copland Clarinet Concerto
Allison Smith - Ravel's Tzigane
Jessie Fullmer - Strauss Oboe Concerto in D Major
Yurika Ohki Taura - Grieg Piano Concerto in A Major

It should be an exciting performance!




However, I do have ONE small problem. . .  This will interrupt my own Evening of Jimmer.  I will be forced to miss our home game against New Mexico and I am NOT happy about it.  I WANT JIMMER!!!!!!!!!!!




Ode to Jimmer

"Jimmer, you are amazing.  The shots you take take my breathe away.  When I saw you pull up for a shot from 40 feet away, my heart stopped.  When the ball sank through the net, it jumped for joy!  The way you dribble, the way you post, the way you cross; I rejoice in those moments, for I know that you will give me cause to bask in glory.

Those who despise you are only jealous of your abilities.  They want to be you.  They want to emulate you.  But they cannot arrive at your level because your level is far above that of any normal basketballer.  The stunned looks on the faces of your opponents cause the basketball gods to smile greatly.  They approve of your awesomeness.

With this, may it be kept in memory the greatness of the Great Jimmer Fredette, the Anointed One."

LONG LIVE THE JIMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment