Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fair to Look Upon

Women are supposed to be "fair to look upon".  Especially BYU women.  But for some reason, there have been some rather unflattering styles that have been accepted among the BYU female population that leave me to wonder: what were they thinking?  Allow me to explain.

I've been trying to figure this one out for a long time: when did leggings become an acceptable substitute for pants?  This includes leggings with mini-skirts.  Perhaps you should make reference to the statement in the Honor Code which states specifically:  "Clothing is inappropriate when it is . . . form fitting Dresses, skirts, and shorts must be knee-length or longer" (emphasis added).  Last time I checked (and yes, I did check), your leggings are suctioned to your legs.  Form-fitting, some would venture to say.  Your mini-skirt?  Yeah, it doesn't go down to your knees.  So please, do us a favor and keep your fat legs to yourself.  You might as well run out of the house with no pants on at all.  Yoga pants are borderline.  But it's a definite NO for just leggings.

Also, when did it become attractive, or desirable, for that matter, to have belly fat hanging out over your pants/leggings/skirts?  I don't know about anyone else, but the LAST thing I want to see when I'm just minding my own business (besides people sticking their tongues down each others' throats) is skin rolls and butt cracks.  May I have my courtesy barf bag, please?

Pregnant women, I have a question for you specifically: have you ever heard of "maternity clothing"?  You have another living person inside of you.  Do you really think that you can still fit in your clothes that you wore when you weighed 110 pounds?  *News flash*  You've gained 20 pounds!  Get something that fits!

I would much rather you cover yourself than make me have to cover my eyes when you walk in front of me, or bend down to dig around in your purse for 3 minutes, or sit at the computer and lean forward with anticipation.  Please, keep your skin/fat/butts covered.  My eyes would appreciate it.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment